Sunday 13 December 2009

TASK TWO

SEGMENTATION:

Demographics:

The demographic would depend on several things, like who the work is for and where it will be placed. A student/young professional/young adult would be more likley to see a promotion for an album release in NME magazine, but a middle-aged/professional/over 40/intellectual customer would be more likely to see a book campaign in the newspaper.
Thinking of the kind of demographic I would appeal to, I always think the designer Sara Fanelli has a wide range of demographic. She does work which is aimed at children to young adults (childrens books - the Tate Modern children's section etc) to more adult-based demographics (pizza express menus, NY Times book review cover). 

Geographic Factors:

Geographic factors are crucial for money saving. Having a workspace/office in a city center makes me as a designer far more acessible for clients and vice versa. Ideally London is a good place to make design connections however to afford a workspace in london can be expensive. A good starting compromise would be Cambridge, which is easy to commute to London for buisness and itself has a thriving design industry. See http://www.thedistrict.co.uk/ 

 Psychology

What are my interests as a young designer? What are my clients interests? How will I relate to my client's interests and values? 

Behaviour

What kind of relationship will I present my clients with? Will I be formal or informal? What kind of behaviour will my client group have? Building trust and having responsibility is important to me as a designer. This will help bulid a secure relationship with my clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment